Become a Member of the AHPI
Every year, more and more people in Ireland are becoming qualified as Health Promotion practitioners. These people are joining an existing pool of experienced and highly qualified professionals who are already working in the area. The AHPI aims to bring these people together in order to create a growing community of Health Promotion professionals. In doing this, the AHPI can help to build greater awareness of the Health Promotion, as well as the issues it concerns itself with. In order to improve the profile of Health Promotion nationally, the AHPI must work to ensure that partnerships are created between counties, organisations and communities.
Who can join?
Membership of the AHPI is open to staff employed to undertake the facilitation or coordination of health promotion, education programmes and health promotion research as their main role. Membership is also open to staff whose role includes an element of health promotion, health education and health promotion research and to staff who have a specialist certificate in health promotion. Students of health promotion are eligible to join for a reduced membership rate. In addition, if you have a qualification in health promotion and are currently seeking work in the area, you are eligible to apply for membership.
Your membership of the AHPI will help advance and develop the future of Health Promotion and Health Education in Ireland.
How to join the AHPI?
Fill in and submit the online application form. Online payments can be made with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover credit card and will be facilitated through PayPal. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account. Please have a look at the AHPI Constitution before you complete your application.
The AHPI Membership Committee/Executive Committee reviews all new applications on an ongoing basis and may contact applicants if further information is required to support their application.
- Membership of only professional network for health promotion practitioners in Ireland
- Attend Annual General Meetings
- Opportunity to nominate representatives who will become part of the Executive Committee
- Qualify you to be nominated as a member of the Executive Committee
- Regular updates about policy, strategies, projects and events
- Access to members only resources:
- National & International Health Promotion Policies and Strategies
- Training & Professional Development
- Resources for Practice & Toolkits
- Reduced registration for AHPI National Conferences and other events, hosted or co-hosted by the Association
- Professional Development & CPD Opportunities
- Networking Study Days, Seminars and Workshops relevant to health promotion practice
- Opportunity to advocate on health promotion issues
NOTE: The AHPI logo cannot be used by members for commercial purposes.