Registration for the ‘Implementation for Successful Health Promotion Action’ workshop is now open on eventbrite.
Tickets are now available for the implementation workshop on Thursday 14th November in Aras Moyola, Lecture room 129, Ground floor, National University of Ireland Galway and are 15 euros for AHPI members. Non AHPI members are charged 50 euros per ticket. You can purchase tickets on Eventbrite by clicking here. Looking forward to seeing you in Galway!
As you are probably aware, the practice of Health Promotion is based on nine internationally recognised Competencies, one of which is implementation.
The aim of this workshop is to provide an overview of the importance of implementation for successful Health Promotion practice and engage with participants to consider how the quality of implementation can be improved for the promotion of health.
- Appreciate the importance of effective implementation for successful health promotion practice.
- Understand how the quality of implementation can be improved in health promotion practice.
- Explore best practice implementation planning and delivery activities for effective and efficient health promotion action
- Identify quality improvement and monitoring techniques for health promotion implementation
- Explore sustainable and scaling out implementation practices for effective and efficient health promotion action
10.15am Registration, tea/coffee
10.45 Welcome to NUI Galway & to AHPI CPD event, Prof Saoirse Nic Gabhainn & Dr Patricia Heavey
10.50-11.30am Key Note: Chair Dr Patricia Heavey
Why implementation matters for successful health promotion action. Professor Margaret Barry
11.30-1.00pm Facilitated Workshop
Planning, Delivery, Quality Improvement and Monitoring and Sustainability and Scaling out.
2.00-3.25 Implementation in Health Promotion Practice: Experiences from practice
3.25- 3.30 Feedback and Close