Shanghai Declaration on promoting health in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
The outcome of the Ninth Global Conference on Health Promotion (Shanghai, 21 to 24 November 2016), which was jointly organized by the Government of China and WHO, under the auspices of a Scientific Advisory Group and Conference Organizing Committee, is a concise Shanghai Declaration on Health Promotion.
Key elements of the declaration include:
- We will promote health through action on all the Sustainable Development Goals
- We will make bold political choices for health
- Good governance is crucial for health
- Cities and communities are critical settings for health
- Health literacy empowers and drives equity
Promoting health demands coordinated action by all concerned, it is a shared responsibility. With this Shanghai Declaration there is a pledge to accelerate the implementation of the SDGs through increased political commitment and financial investment in health promotion.